FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

Bruce Baugh bruce at aracnet.com
Wed Jun 5 02:55:52 PDT 1996

At 12:30 PM 6/4/96 -0700, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

>My question for member of this list is:  When Bell finally
>goes too far and they arrest or shoot him, how can we best
>capitalize on his martyrdom?  Or in a more negative light,
>what damage control will we need to do in that case?

I think there's a non-trivial chance that this list could be shut down and
anyone who's made interested sounds in the idea brought in to assist the
police in their inquiries.

Damage control will probably be a doomed cause. The media will end up with
selected quotes advocating crypto-anarchy and speaking in a disparaging tone
of those heroic men and women who keep nuts like us reined in, and the only
people who will hear a balanced account will be those who are already wholly
or partially immune to the propaganda mills.

Did I mention I've been feeling pessimistic about a bunch of this stuff lately?

--
Bruce Baugh
bruce at aracnet.com
http://www.aracnet.com/~bruce