Class III InfoWar: TST Article

Dan Haskovec dhaskove at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 4 20:57:45 PDT 1996

Here's the reply I got from a friend that I forwarded it to....

     and the verdict is... NetMYTH!  I checked the cite in the article on
     cyberterrorism... no such article ran on 6/2/96 in the Times
     (London)... nor, in fact, in any newspaper available on Nexis...
     just thought I would let you know...

On Sun, 2 Jun 1996, John Young wrote:

> This is the article Winn Schwartau cited to last night:

>    The Sunday Times (London), June 2, 1996, pp. 1, 24.
>

>    City surrenders to L400m gangs [Insight column]
>

>    City of London financial institutions have paid huge sums
>    to international gangs of sophisticated "cyber terrorists"
>    who have amassed up to L400m worldwide by threatening to
>    wipe out computer systems.
[...]