NSCP, PRZ Hit NRC Crypto Rec

Chris Adams adamsc at io-online.com
Sun Jun 2 21:28:20 PDT 1996

>   The report noted that the FBI has argued for years that its
>   law-enforcement efforts would be hampered if drug cartels
>   and other organized criminals began using codes that
>   couldn't be deciphered. Courtordered wiretaps, a major tool
>   used to break organized-crime cases, could become useless,
>   the FBI has contended.

I've wondered the same thing about gun control efforts. Who are they worried about?
Criminals. By definition, what is a criminal? One who breaks the laws.  Are they seriously
thinking that a) criminals might stop doing things because they are illegal? (For shame - I
was going to use PGP to protect my child pornography sources. Good thing I found out it was
illegal before I did that!) and b) criminals would not be able to buy programmers/etc to
secure *their* privacy if they felt it was needed?
/* From Chris Adams <adamsc at io-online.com> on a Warped PC running a proudly unregistered (for now) PMMAIL 1.5!
The Enigman Group - We do Web Pages! */

This Message Was Sent With An UNREGISTERED Version Of PMMail.
Please Encourage Its Author To Register Their Copy Of PMMail.
For More Information About PMMail And SouthSide Software's Other
Products, Contact http://www.southsoft.com.