Fairness, Justice, and Cypherpunks (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Sat Jun 1 09:43:25 PDT 1996

Hi Tim,

Forwarded message:

> Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 13:55:36 -0700
> From: tcmay at got.net (Timothy C. May)
> Subject: Fairness, Justice, and Cypherpunks
>
> Several recent messages have raised issues about "ownership of
> information," "compilation of dossiers," and the (putative) imbalance
> between personal power and corporate power (which some think justifies
> denying corporations certain basic rights or Constitutional protections).

Businesses (and government) have no rights under the Constitution and should
enjoy no rights under the Constitution. Rights are the sole purvue of real live
human beings (ie individuals) and not groups or paper individuals (stupidest
idea I have ever seen in the legal field). It is not reasonable to support
a motion which allows a group to have the same or possibly more rights than
the individuals that make it up.

Business should not get the right to vote, they should be completely
prohibited from being involved in politics even to the point of making
contributions to politicians. Eisenhower once warned this country of the
military-industrial complexes threat, we have ignored it to date.

                                                    Jim Choate