Statistical analysis of anonymous databases

Alan Horowitz alanh at infi.net
Sat Jun 1 01:10:50 PDT 1996

> In medical research, third party audit, i.e., the Department of Health and
> Human Services, is often required. A simple pseudonym picked by the patient
> won't do.

   It's not clear to me that the second sentence follows from the first.

   All the time, in medical or official identification situations
(clearances,  weapons permits, etc) I'm asked how tall I am. I can't
remember ever being measured. Thus, the answer I give about my height,
might as well be "made up" by me.

I guess they do have to bother measuring homocide victims - they can't
talk......