FW: Securing 5% of the Internet against Wiretapping by Christmas (fwd)

Mr. Brandon W. Wheaton kbwheaton at patrol.i-way.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 05:00:17 PDT 1996

Cheers,
Bdog

Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 16:24:52 -0700
From: John Gilmore <gnu at toad.com>
Subject: FW: Securing 5% of the Internet against Wiretapping by Christmas

I've been working on a project in secret for a few months, and now am
talking about it with everyone so that we can all help it along.

Want all the Internet traffic between you and every other
privacy-conscious site on the net, worldwide, to automatically be
encrypted using Triple-DES, RSA, and Diffie-Hellman?  Without changing
your hardware or software, except to stick a Linux PC on your network, or
install a new version of Linux on your laptop?  Want it all by Christmas?
Then check out

	http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/swan.html

[...]

  -- John Gilmore