International Standards

Deranged Mutant WlkngOwl at unix.asb.com
Mon Jul 29 20:30:33 PDT 1996

On 29 Jul 96 at 6:38, Duncan Frissell wrote:

> Mr. Freeh,
[..]
>    clearly impossible -- but to prevent such high-level code
>    from becoming the international standard, with architecture
[..]
> Looks like the fibbies (FBI) haven't been reading the "Proceedings of the
> IETF".  Strong crypto is already an international standard.

Methinks they regard as international standards what's built into
something like MacOS or Windows.

Rob

---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 wlkngowl at unix.asb.com (root at magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <wlkngowl at unix.asb.com>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.