Terrorists are adult Kids?

Damaged Justice frogfarm at yakko.cs.wmich.edu
Mon Jul 29 08:28:35 PDT 1996

Igor Chudov writes:

> Since this country is too safe, kids do not get their share of danger
> and try to recoup it in adulthood. Which results in stupid terrorism.

"There are, in my opinion, three terrible ages of childhood -- one to
ten, ten to twenty, and twenty to thirty. And whatever age they are,
there are very few of them who are not careless and nowadays, at least
from my observation, are likely to remain so at least until they are
thirty and perhaps longer."
  -Cleveland Amory, _The Best Cat Ever_

As an aside, I read an article on a home-schooling web page that put
forth the theory that "teenagers" didn't really exist as a concept
until comparatively recently - you were either a child or an adult,
and "teenager" is a rather socially (and individually) destructive
idea that came about in this latter half of the 20th century, leading
to increased irresponsibility and a "childhood that never ends."

-Ian,
 in his third childhood.
 (and I thought most people were lucky to have a second...)

--
http://yakko.cs.wmich.edu/~frogfarm ...for the best in unapproved information
"We think people like seeing somebody in a uniform on the porch."  -US Postal