cypherpunks vs hackers

pjn at nworks.com pjn at nworks.com
Sun Jul 28 12:28:52 PDT 1996

 In> How can we differentiate cypherpunks to hackers? What are their
 In> attitudes, psychological thinking, main objective?

 It is interesting to note that while both groups have opposite
 objectives (Hackers want all information free, where cypherpunks want
 everbody to be able to have privacy), and yet in there own ways, they
 are both right.

 I think what we need to define is the diffrence between hackers and
 crackers. A hacker breaks into a computer like a cracker (but the
 similarities end there).  The hacker just want to look and learn,
 possably "map out" the system just to see how everything works with
 everything else.  Crackers break into computers for the sake of
 destroying or stealing information or the system itself.

 Both cypherpunks and hackers think that the government is wrong
 in many things that they do.

 P.J.
 pjn at nworks.com

... It would seem that evil retreats when forcibly confronted. - Excalbian

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20 [NR]