Feinstein wants controls on Internet, Books

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Sun Jul 28 11:52:46 PDT 1996

One of my senators, Senator Dianne Feinstein, is now arguing on CNN for
controls on information put on the Internet, on censorship of books and
articles describing how pipe bombs work, and for making it easier to get
wiretaps against those suspected of committing thought crimes.

One or two more major incidents on top of the recent ones (World Trade
Center, Oklahoma City, Dharan, TWA 800, and Olympic Village) and I suspect
Congress will simply vote to repeal the Bill of Rights and just be done
with this whole experiment in liberty.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!