Am I protected by ignorance?

James C. Sewell jims at MPGN.COM
Fri Jul 26 17:42:47 PDT 1996

At 11:29 AM 7/26/96 +0200, Remo Pini wrote:

>Since there is no way for me to know where the server stands, do I violate
>the ITAR, and if so, am I realistically prosecutable?

The Feds consider crypto as munitions so I guess you could ask that same
question as:
      I sold a bunch of Stinger missiles to a man with an American sounding
     name, "Smith."  How was I to know he was __________[bad guys]?

I bet they would prosecute you for the missiles so I'd suspect they would
on the crypto too.

Me?  A lawyer?  HAHAHAHAHAHhahahahhaaa Yeah, right!
Jim Sewell - jims at tansoft.com    Tantalus Incorporated - Key West, FL