Freeh Testimony 7/25/96

David Lesher wb8foz at nrk.com
Fri Jul 26 16:48:23 PDT 1996

> Freeh's statements were not distributed to senators before the hearing,
> so they couldn't have read his prepared statement.
>
> Further, he wandered considerably from his prepared statement at the
> hearing. I wonder why David is talking about what Freeh addressed in his
> statement, instead of what he actually said.

Further, the more interesting aspects were what Freeh said under
interactive questioning by the Senators. He artfully avoided
many of their direct questions, but found himself on the rocks
on others.

He seemed rather surprised at the tenor & thrust of the questioning;
He could not have thought this would be a cake-walk but he sure
acted that way.

The transcript will be interesting reading.

A host is a host from coast to coast.................wb8foz at nrk.com