new service for PGP

Mike Reiter reiter at research.att.com
Fri Jul 26 15:43:47 PDT 1996

To all PGP users:

We would like to make you aware of a new tool, called PathServer, for
use with the "Pretty Good Privacy" (PGP) key management and encryption
software. PathServer is a tool to help users to determine to whom a
public key belongs, i.e., to "authenticate" the key. PathServer
returns an active graphical representation of disjoint paths from a
trusted key to the query key. PathServer helps support user
authentication policies requiring that no single introducer is relied
upon multiple times for information regariding a key.

 PathServer can be accessed at
	http://akpublic.research.att.com/~reiter/PathServer

We welcome and appreciate any comments or suggestions.  Send any
comments to reiter at research.att.com or stubblebine at research.att.com.

PathServer is an experimental service that is still under development,
and thus it will likely be unreliable and slow for a while.  Thanks in
advance for your patience.

Mike Reiter
Stuart Stubblebine