www.anonymizer.com

Mike Duvos mpd at netcom.com
Thu Jul 25 23:26:13 PDT 1996

I had occasion to try www.anonymizer.com recently, and noticed
that it does not make SSL connections to other Web servers, nor
does it seem to accept them from the user.

Is there some technical reason for this?  If I wish to grep the
Web without my browsing habits becoming known to someone
monitoring my Net connection, https://www.anonymizer.com with 128
bit encryption would probably be a good thing to connect to.

I realize that the anonymizer does perform its stated function
quite nicely, namely that of preventing Web sites from collecting
information on people who visit them.  It just seems that this
additional functionality would be useful and not particularly
difficult to implement.

     mpd at netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $