CD Prices and Inflation

Michael Helm mike at fionn.lbl.gov
Thu Jul 25 20:12:11 PDT 1996

On Jul 26,  5:06am, Timothy C. May wrote:
> Something not being talked about in any of the messages I've seen is the
> role of _inflation_. Those claiming CD prices are "too high" should
> consider inflation.

Good argument, but I think you're still paying more.
Some have made the argument that the cost of manufacture
of a CD is less (I wouldn't know).  Most people pay considerably
more taxes for that new platter, too. Sales tax is 6% or more now,
was 2-3% then for most people, other taxes have gone way up too.  You
probably had to earn $28 to bring home that $16 cd.