Twenty Bank Robbers -- CLARIFICATION

Erle Greer vagab0nd at sd.cybernex.net
Thu Jul 25 18:53:10 PDT 1996

At 01:13 PM 7/25/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Igor Chudov wrote:
>>
>> Here's a puzzle for our game theorists.
>>
>> Twenty cypherpunks robbed a bank. They took 20 million bucks. Here's
>> how they plan to split the money: they stay in line, and the first guy
>> suggests how to split the money. Then they vote on his suggestion. If
>> 50% or more vote for his proposal, his suggestion is adopted.
>>
>> Otherwise they kill the  first robber and now it is the turn of guy #2
>> to make another splitting proposal. Same voting rules apply.
>>
>> The question is, what will be the outcome? How will they split the
>> money, how many robbers will be dead, and so on?
>>

>I forgot to say what the GOALS are. The goals of every individual
>cypherpunk are (in from highest to lowest priority):
>
>1. Stay alive
>2. Get as much money as possible
>3. Keep as many cypherpunks alive as possible, all other things being equal.
>
>	- Igor.

Well, two wrong so far, here it is:
Nobody knew that robber#17 was Steven Segal under-cover.  #1 proposed an
even split, so Segal broke his neck.  The other 18, being CypherPunks, were
smart enough to make tracks.  One dead, Segal 20 million, and no lines
rehearsed.
vagab0nd at sd.cybernex.net
http://ww2.sd.cybernex.net/~vagab0nd/index.html
Visit web page for public key.