Noise: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

hallam at Etna.ai.mit.edu hallam at Etna.ai.mit.edu
Wed Jul 24 13:41:04 PDT 1996

>Talk shows that attempt to stimulate active thought on reasonable premise
>generally do not survive long in syndication. With Limbaugh's show, it
>took a double hit as the markets it played to were for the most part late night.
>BTW, this comes from actually looking it up in past TV Guides - not
>mindlessly drooling over the radio - so put away the "he's lying" crap.

And why did the networks put Rush on so late? Could it be that
he did not pull in the viewers?

>Following the shallow logic of your argument, Limbaugh is not a success
>because he does not broadcast on TV.

It is shallow logic, but it is Rush's own logic. He promotes the
idea that success is measured in ecconomic terms. The failure of his
TV show demonstrates the failure of his ideas under the criteria
which he himself espouses.

>The issue I take with this, is the constant spouting of King Bill's
>pronouncement of why OKC occured in the first place. We don't know WHY it
>took place - that's what a trial is for (if you actually believe that
>justice is blind and lawyers tell the truth always). We will NEVER really
>know - but it's damn fine political fodder to take an unconstitutional
>swipe at the populous with the anti-terrorist legislation.

That is not what the trial will decide. The question is who and what,
why is irrelevant given the nature of the offense.

>If you firmly believe the premise that Fascism was the root cause behind
>OKC, then you have no choice but to look to the White House and Capital
>Hill.

Nope, I look to the millitas, Chritian Identity, the Klu Klux Klan
and their appologists including Liddy and Limbaugh. If you read
the propaganda that the NAZIs used you will find it if anything
less direct than Liddy or Buchannan. The NAZIs did not advertise their
intention to commit mass murder, they used code words. When Buchannan
refers to "Hose" he is using a codeword he knows will be understood.

		Phill