Another fascist

E. ALLEN SMITH EALLENSMITH at ocelot.Rutgers.EDU
Wed Jul 24 07:48:19 PDT 1996

From:	IN%"david at sternlight.com"  "David Sternlight" 23-JUL-1996 08:30:51.02

>One of the great friends of free speech on this list sent a forged cancel
>message to the listbot to try to cancel my subscription.

>The listbot, being reasonably well designed, ignored him and told me about
>it, though I have no doubt less of a dunce could bring it off.

>What a piece of slime! What do others think of this practice?

	You have my sympathies. Either I got logged off the list accidentally
a bit back, or someone did this successfully to me. I didn't notice due to
being gone for a bit, but I finally did and got back onto the list. I'd meant
to email the list maintainer (Eric Hughes, as I recall), but haven't gotten
around to it - lack of time. Any signs of who did it from the message? I would
guess not.
	-Allen