[Noise] Re: <rant> Re: Devil's Bargain

snow snow at smoke.suba.com
Wed Jul 24 06:02:18 PDT 1996

On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, The Deviant wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, snow wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 11:50:39 -0500 (CDT)
> > From: snow <snow at smoke.suba.com>
> > To: Alex Derbes <acd at artemis.arc.nasa.gov>
> > Cc: Roger Williams <roger at coelacanth.com>, cypherpunks at toad.com
> > Subject: Re: [Noise] Re: <rant> Re: Devil's Bargain
> > On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Alex Derbes wrote:
> > > 	There were no signs of mecahnical faliure, the plane took off one
> > > hour late, that means if it was a timed bomb the plane would have gone
> > > down over oh lets say random VERY VERY deep place in the atlantic ocean.
> > > The plane was an easy shop for all sorts of shoulder launched SAM's.
> >      According to the information I have seen, there are no SAM's that can
> > reach out and touch a plane at 13000 feet. The engagement ceiling on a
> > most is 8000 to 9000 feet iirc.
>
> Ummm... Stinger missles go ~5 miles.  13000 is about 2.7 miles.

    They have a 5 mile horizontal reach, their vertical engagement ceiling
is about 8000 to 9000 feet.

> > > There is a hell of alot of terrorist activity right now, and the
> > > olympics, I think there is good circumstantial evidance to suggest
> > > terrorist activty just from motives and oppertunity.
> >      What motives?
> There was a threat the day beforehand and all...

     I don't know if it was terrorist activity, I was just annoyed at
the extensive every 15 minutes even tho' there is nothing new to say I
gotta get my mug and my voice on the ether coverage.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro at suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow at smoke.suba.com