Filtering out Queers is OK

Mike Duvos mpd at netcom.com
Tue Jul 23 03:53:35 PDT 1996

Ernest Hua <hua at chromatic.com> writes:

 > Secondly, I expect to have full control over the education
 > and the upbringing of my child.  I DO NOT have to let him go
 > the library. I DO NOT have to let him read any literature. I
 > DO NOT have to let him have an open mind.  It is NOT in the
 > Constitution.

Since the courts have said that humans under 18 are not "persons"
under the law, you have every right to not let your child read
anything, to not let him think for himself, and to not let him
out of the house until he reaches his 18th birthday.

Your child would presently have no recourse against you should
you choose to treat him in such a fashion, and believe it or not,
there are some of us who would like to change that.

 > I will do so because I believe it is good for him.

Good for you, at least.

 > Anyone who wants to change what I decide is good for him
 > will have to do so over my dead body.

Works for me.  I needn't point out that if I were ever on a jury
charged with determining whether your child, treated in the
aforementioned fashion, was guilty of a crime for splattering
your brains all over the living room wall like tapioca pudding, I
would find it almost impossible to vote for conviction.

 > I really could care less what you feel about how I should
 > raise my child.

You know, when children whine "I don't care what anyone else
thinks - No one has a right to tell me what to do", alarm bells
go off all over the place.  When parents say the exact same
thing, they think they deserve some sort of medal.

 > In fact, most parents are loving, caring, and try very hard
 > to do what is "good" (in their mind) for their child.  You,
 > sir, do not have some God-given monopoly on knowing what is
 > good for any child, let alone, mine.

The obvious fact is, neither do you.  Anyone with an IQ over 10
and genitals that are in working order can produce offspring. You
seem to think that the act of reproduction instantly transforms
the scum of the earth into child-rearing experts who must never
be contradicted by any outside agency as they lord their wishes
over their chattel.

 > Therefore, nobody (not you, not the PTA, not the school,
 > not the Congress) has any right to tell me what is good for
 > my child.

I think you have your child confused with your car.

The sad fact is that you are probably at the top of any list one
would prepare of groups and persons who think they know what is
good for children and don't.

 > Call it what you want; you ain't brainwashing my child with
 > your bull.

I think you've already done an excellent job of that yourself.

ObCrypto: Kids who have parents like this should know how to use
          strong encryption on their PCs.

     mpd at netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $