Borders *are* transparent

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Mon Jul 22 19:57:04 PDT 1996

Perhaps a Java page containing a DES cracker that one could run for
the casual participant, and a set of links to download a real cracker
for the non-casual participant...

I think its really time that we did this. DES must be shown to be
dead.

When the media hear about it, they will, of course, get "experts"
saying "but it took five thousand people millions of dollars in
computer time". We should ask Matt Blaze to write a paper in advance
explaining that although this test, on general hardware, took a lot of
effort, that with specialized hardware it would be cheap as can be.

Perry