[Noise] Re: <rant> Re: Devil's Bargain

Alex Derbes acd at artemis.arc.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 22 13:42:35 PDT 1996

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, snow wrote:

> >   >      Am I the only one in this country who, when hearing about TWA
> >   > f800 shrugged his shoulders and thought (or said) "Time flies and
> >   > aeroplanes crash" (Name the band and album and I'll be impressed)?
> > Umm, isn't that "Time flies *but* aeroplanes crash"?
>
>     Don't think so. I'll check in the morning. The wife doesn't like
> British HardCore at 3a.m. Silly girl.
>
> > Subhumans (the Brits).  12" EP of the same name.  Bluurg records.
>
>      I have it on 29:29 Split Vision. Good stuff.
>
> > But, yes, my vague impression is that there is more press coverage
> > (I get all my news from Auntie Beeb, who hasn't been as vociferous
> > about it.)  But to most insular American types, terrorism is still a
> > novelty.
> > BTW, I wouldn't say that officials discounted terrorism -- you can bet
> > Kallstrom is sure hoping that this isn't "just an accident"!
>
>      Thing is, this crash was getting more attention than valuejet from the
> get go. Before there was any HINT of anything more that your typical
> gravity check plane crash it was all over the news.

Well,

	There were no signs of mecahnical faliure, the plane took off one
hour late, that means if it was a timed bomb the plane would have gone
down over oh lets say random VERY VERY deep place in the atlantic ocean.
The plane was an easy shop for all sorts of shoulder launched SAM's.
There is a hell of alot of terrorist activity right now, and the
olympics, I think there is good circumstantial evidance to suggest
terrorist activty just from motives and oppertunity.

my half a cent...

Alex Derbes

> Petro, Christopher C.
> petro at suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
> snow at smoke.suba.com

"It's not the Zen way, but it gets the job done." --Garrison Keiler
Alex Derbes - 504-944-7484 - 504-525-4776
email://acd@artemis.arc.nasa.gov - acd at webnetmktg.com - acd at po.cwru.edu
finger for PGP or MIT PGP serv  - finger://acd@redwood.webnetmktg.com
http://www.cwru.edu/cgi-bin/random.pl