pledge status

Alan Horowitz alanh at infi.net
Sat Jul 20 22:52:29 PDT 1996

One recalls the Russian novelist (can't think of his name, the one who
wrote _Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch_), who stated that if even 1%
of all of the Cheka/KGB's arrest-in-the-middle-of-the-night victims had
put up some resistance, and maybe have killed a Chekist before being
gunned down..... the whole damn system of Stalinist terror would have
unraveled, from the lack of police willingness to die for the greater
glory of Mr Stalin.

I think this has
 relevance to the
black-ninjas-pretending-that-they're-in-a-Hollywood-script thread about
cops making unanounced search warrant services at 4am.

I have tremendous admiration for my local LEO's.  It's the federales that
are the problem, usually.