[Noise] was Re: Giving 6 year old kids Uzi's

Brad Dolan bdolan at use.usit.net
Sat Jul 20 08:03:31 PDT 1996

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Ernest Hua wrote:

> > > the price of freedom of mind is a minor restriction on your personal
> > > freedom, you won't be allowed a weapon either but that is the tradeoff.
> >
> > Thanks, but if it is all the same to you, I'd rather live
> > in a country where everybody  << including six year olds >>
> > carry, and can use Uzi's, etc, as a matter of course.
>
> Oh my ... you aren't serious, are you?
>
> I suspect you might be baiting ... but ...
>
> If you can trust a six-year-old with an Uzi, I assume that you believe
> the six-year-old can "properly" judge what is a threat and what isn't?
> Just why do you suppose a pissed-off six-year-old (because, let's say,
> another six-year-old stole his lunch) would not blast someone?
>
> Would you just hand out guns to all teenagers?

My twelve-year-old daughter asked for and received a .22 for her birthday.
Her four and six year old siblings enjoy shooting it, under close
supervision.

Rural America has a very different culture than urban America and urban
America's recent attempts to impose its values (like hoplophobia) on us
really chafes.

bd