Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Arun Mehta amehta at giasdl01.vsnl.net.in
Sat Jul 20 07:23:26 PDT 1996

I must admit all this talk about what kinds of bullet best
penetrates Kevlar makes me
shake my head and wonder what's happening to the world --
particularly since you are
far more likely to use this weaponry in a rage against a loved one than against
someone breaking down your door. The "good" guys arming
themselves so that the "bad"
don't invade reminds me of the stupid arms race between the US
and the Soviets: I
wonder how many burglars in Western Europe carry guns -- in the US, you'd
be real stupid if you didn't carry the latest weaponry.

More to the point as far as this list is concerned,  Vinnie pointed out:

>hmm imagine what  Waco would have been like if the Branch Davidians:
>
>1) were not morons.
>2) knew how to use the news media
>3) had redundant, spread spectrum, satilite, and underground comms into the
>net.
>
>This equals instant net coverage, to rival CNN. It makes for a hard
>target.Armed with your Militia-Mailer(tm) the strong crypto edition and
>live video, these folks would never consider getting near you.

Are there good books (or even better, sources on the net) that
would teach you how to
set up and use spread spectrum and other communication technologies without easy
detection? In India, the government controls most of the
spectrum, and hardly allows
the use of radio. However, spread spectrum is likely to be used
for wireless local loop,
and it would be harder for them to figure out that you are
engaging in unauthorised
communication if you use similar frequency bands as the local telecom provider.

>A better approach is to disarm and expose these bozos for what they are,
>and for christ sakes get out there and VOTE... dammit... and get your
>friends to VOTE..

I wonder about that -- between Tweedledee Clinton and Tweedledum
Dole, does it matter whether you vote or not? The system seems to
make sure that before you even get to a
position where someone can seriously vote for you, you've already
sold your soul.

Arun Mehta Phone +91-11-6841172, 6849103 amehta at cpsr.org
http://www.cerfnet.com/~amehta/  finger amehta at cerfnet.com for public key