Netscape download requirements

David Sternlight david at sternlight.com
Sat Jul 20 05:07:22 PDT 1996

At 1:47 AM -0700 7/19/96, Cerridwyn Llewyellyn wrote:

>Allow the government to think that we think it has the right to give
>us their permission and we've lost everything.  The government should
>need OUR permission, not the other way 'round.

That's what happened, or didn't you notice that ITAR is based on laws
passed by an elected Congress? Didn't you notice that thus far when people
with one position on the matter have tried to persuade Congress to modify
ITAR, they have failed? This is a (as far as it goes) a democracy, not a
'Llewyellyn and those who agree with him' dictatorship.

David