Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Rabid Wombat wombat at mcfeely.bsfs.org
Sat Jul 20 04:10:59 PDT 1996

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, Vinnie Moscaritolo wrote:

> Fighting back through firepower is unlikely to acheive the goal you want,
> It endangers innocent (if there are any left) folks and leaves you looking
> like a HCI poster child. I can see it now, "Crazed Naked Hippy Dies in
> battle with Federal Officers, linked to ITAR regulated Munitions factory".
>
> A better approach is to disarm and expose these bozos for what they are,
> and for christ sakes get out there and VOTE... dammit... and get your
> friends to VOTE..

My community had an accidental Ninja raid on the wrong house a year or so
back; the local yokels inadvertantly raided the home of a secret service
agent. Luckily, the agent was away, and only the wife and kids were home.
Nobody started a firefight and nobody died. A lot of people ended up
looking like bozos, especially the local swat team in their
ninja-bunny-suits with no visable police i.d. whatsoever. The community
outrage likely did more for personal freedom than a dead nekid hippie
martyr armed with an HK could have ...

- r.w.