#E-CASH: PRODUCT OR SERVICE?

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Thu Jul 18 21:13:24 PDT 1996

At 20:19 7/16/96, Stig wrote:

>Perhaps this has already been voiced on the main list (I get a filtered
>helping or two of cypherpunks), but *I'm* surprised that such a generic name
>as 'Ecash' was granted trademark status anywhere.
>
>It's like giving Microsoft a trademark on the term 'Email'...  It's nuts!
>Was the term ecash not in use before DigiCash showed up on the scene?

No that I am aware of. Furthermore, to the best of my knowledge, DigiCash's
Ecash is the only ecash that I am aware of. The other "ecashs" lack various
properties of cash, as previously explained by Bryce.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.