US versions of Netscape now available

Jim Gillogly jim at ACM.ORG
Wed Jul 17 21:52:07 PDT 1996

Yap Remailer <remailer at yap.pactitle.com> writes:
>Have you heard any reports of anyone successfully downloading it
>period?  Netscape always times out in the middle of a download.  I
>think the server is so overloaded that it's actually impossible to
>download the software.

Yes, I successfully d/l'ed the Sun version.  I think it was about 7MB
and took forever, but it unpacked and ran cleanly with no glitches
whatever.  It's a temporary version -- it'll expire on about 17 Sep...
which is fine for me, since I didn't want to wait until our Purchasing
dept got through with their song and dance.

	Jim Gillogly
	Hevensday, 25 Afterlithe S.R. 1996, 02:12