Can't block caller ID in Massachusetts?

Alan Horowitz alanh at infi.net
Wed Jul 17 21:26:18 PDT 1996

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, Lucky Green wrote:

> How do you get a hold of the phone number if you don't know the location of
> the company, they aren't on the net, and don't have the US phone numbers
> CD-ROM handy? I am 33 and have yet to figure this one out...

   Look in a trade directory?  Call the advertising manager of the
publication that ran the ad?   Call the office of the relevant trade
association?

Gosh, are these radical concepts for you?   Am I to understand that there
has arisen a generation of cypherpunks which can't sniff out any
information which a Net Search Robot doesn't return?