Can't block caller ID in Massachusetts?

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Tue Jul 16 04:57:21 PDT 1996

At 19:37 7/15/96, Alan Horowitz wrote:
[...]
>> It's especially annoying when they've got an in-state or other
>>non-nation-wide
>> 800 number, or when you're calling from outside the US, especially when
>> they're a business you'd like to be able to reach from anywhere, any time,
>> like the travel agent your office uses
>
>    Your straining my credulity to claim that you can't get ahold of the
>regular phone number of them.   Come on, are you 7 years old?

How do you get a hold of the phone number if you don't know the location of
the company, they aren't on the net, and don't have the US phone numbers
CD-ROM handy? I am 33 and have yet to figure this one out...

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.