ANNOUNCEMENT: PGPfone Beta 7 Now Available for Download

Timothy Lawrence Nali tn0s+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Jul 14 06:39:10 PDT 1996

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 14-Jul-96 Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: PGPfone
B.. by Arun Mehta at giasdl01.vsnl
> Thanks for the input.
>
> Is UDP used for other purposes not related to voice that I might pretend
> to be doing? Or is there still some way of fooling them?

One thing that comes to mind are network games.  I not sure if Doom or
Quake can use UDP, but I'm fairly certain that Netrek uses UDP packets
(up to 16 players run client programs which communicate with a game
server using TCP or UDP).

 Tim Nali            \  "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of
 tn0s at andrew.cmu.edu  \   the dreams" -Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory