Can't block caller ID in Massachusetts?

Bruce M. bkmarsh at feist.com
Sat Jul 13 10:21:32 PDT 1996

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Alan Horowitz wrote:

> > Caller ID isn't for people, it's for businesses who want to
> > track callers.  They're willing to pay for that service, enough
>
>    Privacy isn't for parasites. It's for people who are willing to pay for
>    their own phone calls.

    That is interesting as I don't recall ever being offered a choice of
toll free or being billed when I dial an 800 number (sometimes the only
number offered for a company).

                      [ Bruce M. - Feist Systems, Inc. ]
     "Official estimates show that more than 120 countries have or are
      developing [information warfare] capabilities." -GAO/AIMD-96-84