Can't block caller ID in Massachusetts?

Eric Murray ericm at lne.com
Fri Jul 12 22:20:15 PDT 1996

Alan Horowitz writes:

> > Caller ID isn't for people, it's for businesses who want to
> > track callers.  They're willing to pay for that service, enough
>

>    Privacy isn't for parasites.

800 numbers aren't free.  They're just paid out
of a different account.  I don't pay for them
directly, but I do indirectly through the increased
prices of the goods and services sold by the
company with the 800 number.  I'd hardly call
that being a 'parasite'.

> It's for people who are willing to pay for
>    their own phone calls.

Too bad there's not always a choice, a lot
of companies use only 800 numbers for service
hotlines etc.

--
Eric Murray  ericm at lne.com  ericm at motorcycle.com  http://www.lne.com/ericm
PGP keyid:E03F65E5 fingerprint:50 B0 A2 4C 7D 86 FC 03  92 E8 AC E6 7E 27 29 AF