[RANT] Giving Mind Control Drugs to Children

Michael Myers blackavr at aa.net
Fri Jul 12 03:38:50 PDT 1996

At 10:39 AM 7/9/96 -0500, Rick Smith wrote:
>erehwon at c2.org (William Knowles) writes:
>
>>Ritalin has been a godsend, I am able to dialin when I have to.
>>Ritalin is not the only drug for treating ADD, Prozac works for
>>some.
>
>I use coffee, or else I just managed to grow out of the worst effects.
>In any case, I drink more coffee than just about anyone I know, and it
>doesn't "wire" me at all.

Coffee usage seconded here...I've tapered down to about two pots or so
a day from four or more, due to the tolerance I was developing. It's
about the only thing that gets anything done on time.  While I can
understand and agree with Tim and Mike's points about government control
and "making creative people fit in", there is a point where creativity
is the only thing possible, to the exclusion of all else, such as paying
bills on time, doing necessary work, or just interacting with others.
--
/^^^^^^^^^Instead of being born again, why not just GROW UP?^^^^^^^^^^^\
Michael Myers                   Vote Libertarian....you'll sleep better!