[RANT] Giving Mind Control Drugs to Children

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Mon Jul 8 15:30:08 PDT 1996

Timothy C. May writes:
> From what I've read--and I'm no expert, having long had essentially the
> _opposite_ of "attention deficit disorder," assuming it really even
> exists!--most children getting Ritalin are just being sedated.

Speed is not a sedative. Ritalin is amphetamine, not a barbituate. For
most people, its like drinking lots of coffee -- it seriously
increases attention and lowers your ability to sleep.

> Behavior control in its purest form. While the kids stop their
> wandering attention and constant physical motions, it's because
> they're in a mental fog, just one step away from drooling.

Thats not what Ritalin does to *anyone*. If anything, amphetamines are
abused by people who want to remain awake and alert.

Perry