Need PGP-awareness in common utilities

Igor Chudov @ home ichudov at algebra.com
Sat Jul 6 17:28:05 PDT 1996

bryce at digicash.com wrote:
> You know, Igor...
> (It has been a few months since I was hot on this idea, but
> hearing about your practical PGP successes has gotten me
> interested again...)
>
> If you have a moderation bot for a Usenet group (and could it be
> pressed into service as a mailing list handler I wonder?), this

Yes, it can be. When I was writing it I had in mind that I want
to write a general moderation bot that can be _applied_ to USENET.

There is a script processApproved which is called when a message
should get posted. If you replace the usenet version of processApproved
to mailing list version, you will be done.

> would be a nice tool to start with in order to implement
> full-fledged content/author ratings.

Well, STUMP is a generic moderation tool.

> Anybody wanna hack a perl
> script or two to produce/consume content/author ratings for
> cypherpunks (it could surely use some!).  We can use my dormant
> mailing list, c2punks at c2.net, as a parallel channel to transmit
> cypherpunk (and maybe other) ratings.

So, what you want is a tool that accepts "unmoderated" cpunks list,
selects messages by authors with high ratings, and forwards only
these into the "filtered" list? That's neat _if_ ratings are done
by people whose tastes are similar to mine..

> Let me know.  We _could_ adopt the ridiculously simple NoCeM
> protocol, or the ever-mutating public key certificates being
> designed in a nearby mailing list, or some protocol of our own.
> (Shouldn't be too hard to come up with an implementable, useful
> protocol.)

?????

	- Igor.