CCC Crypto Lock

Deranged Mutant WlkngOwl at unix.asb.com
Sat Jul 6 13:09:39 PDT 1996

On  6 Jul 96 at 4:10, anonymous-remailer at shell.port wrote:

> MicroPatent, 4 July 96
[..]
> Abstract: Disclosed systems and methods for protecting a
> software program from unauthorized use and copying
> through the removal at least one of a plurality of
> instructions comprising a software program, and
> encrypting the removed instruction utilizing an
> encryption algorithm to produce an encrypted instruction,
> the encryption algorithm responsive to a randomly
> generated key.

Would certain computer  viruses be considered prior art here? (Be it
that they encrypt for the purposes of hiding rather than copy
protection though.)

Rob.

---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 wlkngowl at unix.asb.com (root at magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <wlkngowl at unix.asb.com>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.