Net and Terrorism.

snow snow at smoke.suba.com
Sat Jul 6 01:48:08 PDT 1996

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, CyberEyes wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, attila wrote:
> > "denied zones" (we were never there) is no longer in vogue.  however, we
> > will probably see that again in parts of the world as many cultures do
> > not have the basic respect for life we do.
>
> 	What is your last comment supposed to mean exactly? Just because
> some Islamic militants decide to kill a few people in a terrorist attack
> does not mean that the entire believer population of Islam does not have
> respect for life. Just who is "we"? Americans? Europeans? All

     At this point I believe that attila was refering to the situation in
South East Asia. Mostly Hindu/Bhuddist/Shinto(?).

> industrialized nations? Every country except those Third World ones? Uh...
> I don't see your point very clearly here... The only culture I can think
> of that might now have respect for life are cannibals, and they DO have
> respect for life in a way, they don't kill each other (I don't think), and
> they do it because it's their lifestyle, but they don't perform
> cannibalistic acts out of malice. Correct me here if I'm wrong.

     Most tribes place a high value on their members and little if any
on the members of other tribes.

     Life is as live does, and it is often cheap.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro at suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow at crash.suba.com