The Net and Terrorism

Deranged Mutant WlkngOwl at unix.asb.com
Thu Jul 4 12:33:08 PDT 1996

On  3 Jul 96 at 14:48, jim bell wrote:
[..]
> But as I've pointed out elsewhere, there's a big difference between "We're
> gonna do this!" and "Someday we may have to do this."    My impression is
> that the government has tried to completely erase the dividing line
> between these two concepts.

As far as the government is concerned, "gonna do this" and "may have
to do this" is the same, since the "this" is illegal.  There is no
dividing line. I suspect that since they (alegedly) had specific targets
planned it leaned closer to the "gonna do this".  From the minimal
discussion in the media I have read, it appeared to be another
'revenge for waco and ruby ridge' action rather than a 'defense of
civil liberties from a potential totalitarian government' action.
 (I'm rather skeptical as to how blowing up a specific IRS office would
be effective were the government to change into a totalitarian regime.)

Rob.

---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 wlkngowl at unix.asb.com (root at magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <wlkngowl at unix.asb.com>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.