Lack of PGP signatures

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Wed Jul 3 18:16:18 PDT 1996

At 02:07 PM 7/3/96 -0700, Bill Frantz wrote:
>At 12:15 PM 7/3/96 -0700, Bill Frantz wrote:
>>On my Mac I just entered this answer, cut it to the clipboard, launched
>>PGP, clearsigned it, and pasted the result back into the Eudora window for
>>the new mail.
>
>But of course the signature doesn't check.  (I suspect Eudora line wrapping.)

Yep.  Been there, done that.

Line wrap problems are the bain of PGP sigs.  This is the reason that most
PGP shells will force a line wrap before generating the signature.  The only
way around it is to turn off all line wrapping or have a utility do it for
you before signing it.

I am wondering why there is not a signing option that ignores all
non-printing characters.  Might fix some of these problems...  (Can anyone
think of a reason this would be a "Bad Thing(tm)"?)

---
|"Computers are Voodoo -- You just have to know where to stick the pins."|
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/          | alano at teleport.com  |