SAFE Forum--some comments

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Wed Jul 3 14:32:30 PDT 1996

At  9:34 PM 7/2/96 -0800, jim bell wrote:
>However, that AT+T fellow who revealed the phone records to the militia
>group would also be an appropriate comparison to destroy the "key-escrow"
>idea.  I assume AT+T had procedures in place which were SUPPOSED TO prevent
>this.  Well, key-escrow agents "will" also have similar procedures.  Why
>should we assume they will be more reliable?

We shouldn't.  In fact, they will have a much higher economic value.  I
would expect them to be more vulnerable to insiders.

Bill Frantz       | The Internet may fairly be | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | regarded as a never-ending | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | worldwide conversation.    | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA