Info on alleged new German digital wiretapping law?

Asgaard asgaard at sos.sll.se
Wed Jul 3 08:43:24 PDT 1996

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Ulf Moeller wrote:

> > http://fight-censorship.dementia.org/fight-censorship/dl?num=3027
> >
> >and in alt.fan.ernst-zundel. What's up?
>
> The report is correct.
>
> The mainstream press has completely ingnored the wiretap legislation,
> probably because it is part of the long-awaited new telecommunications
> law to end the Telekom monopoly.

As has the media in Sweden completely ignored that we have our own
'Digital Telephony Act' as of July 1. I haven't been able to find it
on the net yet. From second hand sources it seems more or less identical
to the US one, although the financial burdens for reprogramming and
hardware adjustsments are put solely on the telco's (Sweden has no
monopoly since a decade). The telco's have a respite until 7.1.97
to fulfill the requirements.

Asgaard