SAFE Forum--some comments

John Pettitt jpp at software.net
Tue Jul 2 18:27:33 PDT 1996

At 06:40 PM 7/2/96 -0700, Timothy C. May wrote:

>I was at the "SAFE" forum yesterday. Too many things to report on, so I'll
>just add comments here and there.

I thought it was interesting to not that a Republican Senator came to
california to talk about this stuff and *neither* of the California
Senators has got a clue yet.

One questioner from the audience made an interesting point that given
that most of american can't seta vcr clock crypto will be totally
beyond them unless it becomes pervasive ("you can buy it at radio shack").

It was pretty clear from all the speaker that this is a
libertarian/authoritarian issue and not a liberal/conservative one.

John

John Pettitt, jpp at software.net
EVP, CyberSource Corporation, 415 473 3065

PGP Key available at:
http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/htbin/pks-extract-key.pl?op=get&search=0xB7AA3705