Netscape encrypted email!!

attila attila at primenet.com
Wed Jan 31 13:51:08 PST 1996

	aah, yes! now we can all have secure mail from the company
    which opened its mouth and slipped about key escrow; you know
    them: the same company that sold million of backdoor units to
    NSA!  yeah, right...

		--attila

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Vincent Cate wrote:

> >   * Integrated email - Netscape Navigator 2.0 offers full-featured and rich
> >     email capabilities, allowing you to both read and send secure email
> >     messages without launching an external email application.
>
> I downloaded it and checked it out.  But it was not clear how to use this
> secure email - so it may lack something yet in user friendlyness, or I may
> have just missed it.  Anyway, it should be much easier to use than PGP.
> Are we all going to switch to Netscape for email?  Is anyone using this?
> Want to tell us how?
>
>    --  Vince
>

>                      INTRODUCING NETSCAPE NAVIGATOR 2.0
>
> END-USER FEATURES
>
>    * Enhanced performance - New features such as client-side image mapping,
>      Progressive JPEG support, and support for multiple simultaneous
>      streaming of video, audio, and other data formats enhance the
>      performance of Netscape Navigator 2.0.
>
>    * Integrated email - Netscape Navigator 2.0 offers full-featured and rich
>      email capabilities, allowing you to both read and send secure email
>      messages without launching an external email application.
>
>    * Integrated newsgroups - Sort, read, and post newsgroup messages in
>      fully threaded hierarchical windows.
>
>    * Security - New dynamic trust capability allows users to accept new
>      certificate authorities. Other features include improved security user
>      interface and protection against a site impersonating another site.

    go not unto usenet for advice, for the inhabitants thereof will say:
      yes, and no, and maybe, and I don't know, and fuck-off.

    To be a ruler of men, you need at least 12 inches....
    There is no safety this side of the grave.  Never was; never will be.