Handy WWW anonymizer proxy *and* translator!

Ed Carp, KHIJOL SysAdmin erc at dal1820.computek.net
Wed Jan 31 05:29:51 PST 1996

> Not only does it prevent the nasties from logging where you're coming
> from, but it also translates to Canadian on the fly, eh?

I thought it was hilarious, but my spouse (who is Canadian) found it less
humorous.  I still got a little mileage out of using the words "hoser"
and "hosehead" for a few days ;)

> For an example, see "The Great Web Canadianizer" at
> http://www.io.org/~themaxx/canada/can.html

> To thwart censorship of specific sites, people who have a bit of bandwidth
> to spare could set up cgi scripts like this one (without the text modification
> the Canadianizer does -- that's its hack).  (Zundel's stuff is no less
> offensive after the Canadianizer adds a bunch of "eh?"s and "hosers" and
> changes all the "-ing"s to "-in'".)

I wrote the author some time back in hopes of getting the source, but no
luck :(  Anyone have source for this or similar?  I'd be happy to put it
up on my web site (http://dal1820.computek.net).
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp at linux.org, ecarp at netcom.com
					214/993-3935 voicemail/digital pager
					800/558-3408 SkyPager
Finger ecarp at netcom.com for PGP 2.5 public key		an88744 at anon.penet.fi

"Past the wounds of childhood, past the fallen dreams and the broken families,
through the hurt and the loss and the agony only the night ever hears, is a
waiting soul.  Patient, permanent, abundant, it opens its infinite heart and
asks only one thing of you ... 'Remember who it is you really are.'"

                    -- "Losing Your Mind", Karen Alexander and Rick Boyes