[NOISY] Your own Zundelsite in five minutes or less

Rich Graves llurch at networking.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 30 23:25:58 PST 1996

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Lucky Green wrote:

> At 19:55 1/30/96, Declan B. McCullagh wrote:
>
> >As of this afternoon, there are Zundelsite mirrors operating at MIT,
> >Stanford University, Carnegie Mellon University, the University of
> >Texas, and the University of Pennsylvania.
>
> I am really interested what the German government is going to do next.
> Force their universities to dismount AFS?

No. They seem to be trying to pretend that the mirror sites don't exist.
They did recently get the universities that weren't served by DT to block
webcom.com.

> How can we best get the fact the their censorship efforts have hit *the
> wall* to their attention? Any Germans on this list that can file a
> complaint against the sites with the German authorities? What about
> contacting German Telekom?

This has all been done. First Declan sent an open letter to DT, then a
half dozen white supremacist groups sent similar "demands."

I think it's reasonable to wait a day for their response. At the moment,
there is effectively no censorship.

> We won't have won until they restore the routes to Webcom.

Here I have trouble with the word "we," and what we're trying to
accomplish.

Censorship has clearly lost. Germany is simply not going to block
stanford.edu, cmu.edu, mit.edu, upenn.edu, aol.com, and so on, not to
mention AFS.

I do not believe that the battle to get people to read and care about
Zundel himself is ours.

I'm happy to wait a day or two for the routes to webcom.com to be
restored. If after two days they haven't been, then it's time to press
again.

I do not want to allow the Nazis to associate themselves with "us."
Please see article <DM0Fsn.5GC at freenet.carleton.ca> for a little on what
they're trying to claim credit for. Note they are calling for mirror
sites nearly three days after they popped up, with no involvement on
their part whatsoever.

I ain't no part of no Aryan Vanguard. I say proclaim victory now.

-rich