The Big Lie

Dr. Dimitri Vulis dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Tue Jan 30 08:19:41 PST 1996

Zero crypto relevance...

mpd at netcom.com (Mike Duvos) writes:
> It is interesting to note that there is no specific law
> prohibiting free speech for Holocaust Agnostics in Germany. The
> actual laws under which such cases are prosecuted are libel laws,
> which have been liberally interpreted to mean that one may not
> "libel" deceased Jews as a class or their memory in the minds of
> their surviving relatives.
>
> The notion of libeling a class of deceased persons strikes me as
> a dangerous and particularly convoluted legal fiction. (Although
> I certainly don't mean any disrespect for the deceased or their
> survivors when I say this.)

To me this sounds like a very twisted legal reasoning. If I understood
correctly some other posts in this thread, by saying something like, "the Nazis
invaded Denmark for reasons other than to round up and kill the 3,000 Danish
Jews", this Zendel loser automatically implies that whoever says otherwise is
lying; and that is a libel/slander, and is a criminal (not just civil) offense.

I wonder if it should also be illegal in Germany to doubt the atrocities
perpetrated by various German factions on one another during the 30-Year War
(1618-1648), or during the peasant uprisings/religious wars of 16th century, or
on the Slavs during the conquest of Saxony in 11th century?

They were as brutal as WWII, and most modern Germans are probably the
descendants of the survivors, and neither Catholics nor Protestants like to
admit the nasty things done by their ancestors.

---

Dr. Dimitri Vulis