FV Demonstrates Fatal Flaw in Software Encryption of Credit

Paul M. Cardon pmarc at fnbc.com
Mon Jan 29 22:28:29 PST 1996

My mailer insists that Nathaniel Borenstein wrote:

[ An impressive amount of tripe ]

Nathaniel, go away.  You botha us.

Any useful information in your anouncement is already well-known.
The rest of it is alarmist and self-serving.  There have been
several excellent posts pointing out the flaws in your arguments.

BTW, I took a look at the FV web page.  While checking out the
information section I had a bad flashback to one of those late night
infomercials on "buying and selling."  Looks cut from the same
mold.  Truly sad.

Until I actually see an advisory from CERT, I'll just have to
assume they told FV to go take a flying leap.  I certainly hope they
have enough integrity to ignore this.

Hmm..  Did I just hear the sound of Nathaniel Borenstein and
*@*.fv.com being added to ZILLIONS :-) of killfiles and filter
lists?

KLUNK

I thought I did.

---
Paul M. Cardon -- I speak for myself . 'nuff said.

MD5 (/dev/null) = d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e