CONTEST: Name That Program! (no-brainer)

cjs cjs at netcom.com
Mon Jan 29 16:30:35 PST 1996

> As you may have read in my previous message, First Virtual has developed
> and demonstrated a program that completely undermines all known schemes
> for using software-encrypted credit cards on the Internet.  More details
> are avialable at http://www.fv.com/ccdanger.
>
> That was the easy part.

***ROFL***

This "pre-encryption" program is not a virus. It attaches to the
keyboard driver and captures keystrokes from the keyboard as they are
typed -- BEFORE they can be encrypted by the application encryption
software. First Virtual scientists note that credit a check-digit. A
greater danger is that passwords are also as easily captured.

***ROFL***

This has got to be the no-brainer of the century.

REad teh rest of their press release at:

http://www.fv.com:80/ccdanger/announce.html

You'd think they had discovered the cure for aids or something. =)

Christopher